- TM-MC provides information on the constituent compounds of medicinal materials in Northeast Asia traditional medicine.
Information on the constituent compounds of these medicinal materials was extracted manually from chromatography articles searched on MEDLINE and PubMed Central.
In the field of Northeast Asian traditional medicine, many databases exist that provide the constituent compounds of medicinal materials.
However, some databases are not open to the public or provide much overlapping information.
Moreover, although there exists many databases, it is difficult to decide which database to use because the sources of the information are unclear.
We aim to provide a database, for which medicinal materials are listed in the Northeast Asian (Korea, China, and Japan) national pharmacopoeias, and
for which users can easily check relevant information with the links to articles from which information on the chemical compounds of the medicinal materials has been extracted.
- 2022. 12. 1.
- TM-MC was updated: articles up to 35 million pmid were curated. (only 44 medicinal materials including Panax ginseng)
- 2021. 4. 8.
- TM-MC was updated: articles up to 32 million pmid were curated.
- 2018. 12. 3.
- TM-MC was updated: articles up to 28 million pmid were curated.
- 2017. 11. 7.
- Chemical compounds of Oryeong-san were curated after identifying their chemical structures.
- 2017. 4. 25.
- Information on chemical constituents of non-botanical medicinal materials was extracted and added.
- 2016. 9. 23.
- TM-MC was updated: articles up to 27 million pmid were curated.
- 2016. 6. 8.
- TM-MC was updated: articles up to 26 million pmid were curated.
- 2015. 8. 25.
- TM-MC was updated: medicinal materials with only both generic and specific names in scientific names were searched and curated.
- 2015. 4. 1.
- TM-MC was updated: articles which had been downloaded on 27 December 2014 were curated.
- 2014. 12. 9.
- Help material was provided.
- 2014. 7. 1.
- TM-MC was opened: articles which had been published until 31 December 2013 were curated.
- Sang-Kyun Kim, Seungho Lee, Myung-Ku Lee and Sanghun Lee.
A systems pharmacology approach to investigate the mechanism of Oryeong-san formula for the treatment of hypertension.
Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 244, 2019. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2019.112129
- Sang-Kyun Kim.
Analysis of a Compound-Target Network of Oryeong-san.
Journal of Knowledge Information Technology and Systems, 13(5), pp.607-614, 2018 (Korean)
- Sang-Kyun Kim and Seungho Lee.
Drug-likeness and Oral bioavailability for Chemical Compounds of Medicinal Materials Constituting Oryeong-san.
The Korean Journal of Herbology, 33(5), pp.19-37, 2018 (Korean)
- Sang-Kyun Kim and Myung-Ku Lee.
Chemical constituents of non-botanical medicinal materials in Northeast Asian traditional medicine: A PubMed literature survey.
First edition, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon, 2018 (Korean and English)
- Sang-Kyun Kim, Seungho Lee, and Anna Kim.
Comparison of chemical compounds of medicinal plant materials with compounds of domestic pharmacopoeias.
The Korean Journal of Herbology, 31(5), pp.55-62, 2016. doi: https://doi.org/10.6116/kjh.2016.31.5.55. (Korean)
- Sang-Kyun Kim, SeJin Nam, Hyunchul Jang, Anna Kim, and Jeong-Ju Lee.
TM-MC: a database of medicinal materials and chemical compounds in Northeast Asian traditional medicine.
BMC Complement Altern Med., 15:218, 2015. doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12906-015-0758-5